Monday 21 July 2014

Meanwhile... (Part 2)

Let's jump into the past for a moment and take a look at some of the stuff that I managed to get done after I began to neglect my web presence.

The sketch exchange over on Polykarbonbbs continued, though with some delays that were pretty much all my fault. The other participants were Professor Az and jeco, and we were concentrating on portraits from reference.
Here are my efforts for the rest of that unfortunately short-lived exchange (without the reference images because I can't be bothered to find them).

The third image was of a toddler and was chosen by jeco.


The fourth image was of Eva Mendes and was chosen by Professor Az.


The fifth image was of Jeff Bridges and was chosen by myself.


The sixth image was of Kelsey Grammer as X-Men's Beast and was chosen by jeco.


I managed to put in some major delays between posting these images. From getting the Eva Mendes reference image up until posting my finished piece, 9 months passed. Jeff Bridges only took me 3 hours, which surprised me. And then they had to wait 8 month before they got my effort at Beast.
Professor Az posted the next reference after I finally posted Beast, but I think I can take full responsibility for the entire thread dying at that point before anyone even attempted the latest reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment