Tuesday 30 March 2010

Know Thy Enemy...

To help me write my comic book I need to establish a chapter length that should probably remain consistent and mirror the usual average length of a single issue comic book. I have done a few page counts in the past using a variety of comic books I had found, I had tried to not limit myself to one publisher. I think I used Hulk and Spider-Man comics as well as a few other random titles such as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I think that at the time I found the average to be typically 22 pages. I could have probably found this out with a google search but I guess counting for myself was more satisfying. Next I guess I should figure out how many chapters to aim for so that I can spread my main story arc accordingly.
It would probably be best to aim for a mini series but 3-6 issues/chapters does seem long enough. I think I'm going to check out some of the books I have that compile a decent sized story and work from there.
Being that I've never really concentrated on writing ever that I can remember, I should learn more about the rules of 'peaks and valleys' in order to keep the read an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment